If you are interested in being a head coach or assistant coach, here are some important things to know about the 2013 season.
1) The FTBA coaches application process is now open and will remain open until Friday Feb 8th. If you are interested in coaching in 2013 you must apply via the website process using the coaches application link below. See the information below if you are viewing this site after Feb 8th for more details.
2) Once you have completed the coaching application form, interested coaching applicants may be asked to complete a background form (if necessary) based on your file with FTBA. All volunteers must pass a background check and have it on file prior to serving as a coach with FTBA. The website to complete this form is located here: http://myvci.com/ftba. More details on this requirment will be provided prior to the tryout process.
3) Interested coaching applicants should take the Concussion Test and submit the certificate if they don't already have one on file from last year. This certification is good for three years from the date of you passed the test. That training and test can be found on the tab to the left under "Concussion Info". A copy of your certificate can be sent to Garrett Beck or Craig Kendall.
4) The FTBA coaches committee will require an interview process for all coaching applicants that wish to be considered as a Head Coach. These interviews are scheduled to take place between Feb 10th and the first day of tryouts. The dates, times, and location of these interviews are TBD.
5) FTBA expects all coaching applicants to attend the associations COACHES CLINIC scheduled for Sat Feb 9 - 9:00am to 11:30 FHS Recital Hall. If you have applied for the position online and are unable to attend this clinic please contact Garrett Beck via email prior to Feb 8th, 2013 for more details.
6) The Tryout Committee will contact individuals to help with all aspects of the tryout process as needed which take place March 4th - March 7th, 2013.
Note: If you have missed the open application process and the coaches clinic, but are still interested in assisting an FTBA team, please contact Garrett Beck for more information.
Coach and Player Development Director
Todd Oakes is the pitching coach for the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers. If interested, please contact Coach Oakes at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask about price.
FTBA can provide an Excel spreadsheet to assist you in tracking player rotation, innings played, and batting order. Please contact the FTBA travel director for more information.
Metro Baseball League: http://www.mbl.bz/
(Find your age group rules, report game scores, find tournaments, see upcoming events, find neighboring fields)
Minnesota Baseball Tournaments: http://www.mbt.bz/
(Find qualifying & non-qualifying tournaments. Click on Tournaments link on the left hand side of their site)